Thursday, September 22, 2011

Experiments and More Rainbow Beads

3 blog posts in less than 24 hours - that's unusual for me.  I opened the kiln this morning and I must say I was a little disappointed in the results from my torch session yesterday.  I'll show the pretty beads first.  Rainbow beads for my project plus a few variations of the bead because I was getting a bit bored just making dots after dots after dots in the same pattern.
 I really like that middle one.  It's aqua, purple and pink on a base of black.  Here are some more views of that bead:



Here is the other new style - I think it looks like a spider web:


As you can see I'm still practicing my lighting on various backgrounds.  Sorry for all the photos of the same bead but I like seeing how they look when they are actually on a post.  I find it interesting that what looks good in my photo program often looks different when viewed on the web.  So I'm still learning about what looks best for the different applications.

Now on to my experiments for the day.  First up is a twist of three different colors that I swirled on different bases.  Some have a little frit mixed in on the blob of a twist.  That probably makes no sense to you unless you are a lampworker - LOL!  These came out a little more muted than I thought and I may try them etched.


 These are my experiments using various DH Silvered glass.  Some days I have good luck with silvered glass and other days I get stuff like this.  They are not all bad but I know I can do better.  I wish I could figure out what makes the difference from session to session when working with silvered glass.  Could be the mix of my fuel and oxygen, could be the atmosphere, could be I'm wearing the wrong clothes - who knows!

The last bead in this series is my favorite.  It's one of the new DH glasses that I picked up from the Gathering and I will be playing some more with this one for sure - but I'll wait until it feels like a good silvered glass day!

Here are my other attempts to work with silver and raku.  I think I'm never going to be able to make those beautiful fire opal beads again.  This is my 3rd try and only one (second from the left) looks even close to what I got before. 


So that's it for now.  I have two people wanting some fire opal beads but I think I'm going to have to ask them if they can pick something else until I get a blessing from the silvered glass Gods.  Thanks for stopping in to read my blog.  It's almost the weekend so I hope you all have a fun and safe fall weekend - weather is supposed to be beautiful here!!
Chris
Contact me: chrissandersonbeads@gmail.com
Follow my life of Lampworking: http://beadsbychrissanderson.blogspot.com
Purchase my beads and Jewelry: http://www.artfire.com/users/BeadsByChris
Finished Jewelry sold on site at: SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary Perrysburg, Ohio 43551 - In the Country Charm Shoppes.
Just for fun: Facebook: Glass Lampwork beads and Jewelry by Chris Sanderson





No comments:

Post a Comment