Saturday, June 9, 2012

Burgard Adjustable Interchangeable Rings & More

I have quite a few things to share from my record day at the torch but this blog post will be mostly for looking - our favorite kind of blog post right?  Where to start.....

I have to share a few of my favorite beads that I made for my CAB (Change A Bead) Necklaces first then I'll get on to the new rings and discs!  Oh and almost everything you will see in this post is for sale at SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary Perrysburg, Ohio 43551 - In the Country Charm Shoppes!!!!


This first set is made with CIM Sangre. 

Industrial Red - I LOVE these beads!!!! 
Industrial Sea Green.
Metallic Grey - another personal favorite set from my torch marathon!!
I get a lot of requests for purple and green.
A mini rainbow bead - not all the colors of the rainbow so it's a mini!
Psychedelic Turquoise Swirl - way cool and so much fun to make!
More fun Turquoise beads!
An organic set - trying some new frit on an earthy clay orange base.  What do you think?
Purple Beauty - very hard to capture true color in a photograph but trust me, if you like purple you will love this bead!
Top view of the decoration on the Purple Beauty.
Industrial Deep Aqua.
Okay now for the new rings.  They are not actually new but I wanted to try making more disc beads to fit this sterling silver ring.  I played around with discs for this ring a while back but when I found the Staxx brand I got hooked on that ring because I had so many customers with that brand and the discs were easier to make.  But now that Staxx has gone out of business and I had this wonderful adjustable ring option, all sterling silver and hand crafted by another artist Gregg Burgard, I found that I could have as much fun making discs for this ring as I did the Staxx brand.  It took a little practicing and I do have some beads that will go to "other uses," but I am very happy with these rings!  I like to make thick discs rather than whispy discs so that was the challenge - to make a disc small enough to fit the ring but thick enough to create my designs.  The only draw back to this style over the Staxx ring is that I can only put a design on one side of the disc - so the customer gets fewer style changes per bead and I get a little less creativity out of one bead but I think it will all work out just fine. Another nice feature is that it is adjustable so we never have to worry about getting your correct size again!!!

Okay enough chit chat, here are the goods!  I'll show you two views on most of them so you can see the edge design as well as the top of the disc. Let me know how you like them!!!!

Medium Aqua on Black and White.
Medium Aqua on Black and White.
Amber on Black and White.
Amber on Black and White.
Purple on Black and White - the colors are much prettier than I could capture in the photo.
Purple on Black and White - the colors are much prettier than I could capture in the photo.
Bright Red on Black and White.
Bright Red on Black and White.
Green on Black and White.
Green on Black and White.
Lite Rose Pink & Purple on Black and White - the colors are much prettier than I could capture in the photo.
Lite Rose Pink & Purple on Black and White - the colors are much prettier than I could capture in the photo.
Purple & Lite Rose Pink on Black and White - the colors are much prettier than I could capture in the photo.
Purple & Lite Rose Pink on Black and White - the colors are much prettier than I could capture in the photo.
Turquoise & Black!
Turquoise & Black!
Purple on Black and White.
Purple on Black and White.
Fuchsia on Black and White.
Fuchsia on Black and White.
Orange and Sparkling Amber on Black and White.
Orange and Sparkling Amber on Black and White.
Classic Black and White.
Classic Black and White.
Here are some pictures of the ring without any disc beads.




Not for sale but I love this bead and this photo!  It was too thick to use on the ring base without it possibly coming off while wearing.
This one was a bit thick too.  It's a brown gray base (bray) and black.
So that's all the photos for this post.  I want to let my local customers know that my beads/jewelry are back in stock at the Salvatore Capelli Salon again!!!  Stop by SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary Perrysburg, Ohio 43551 - In the Country Charm Shoppes to see these items and much more!!!!

It's such a beautiful day here in NW Ohio and I can't decide how to fill my Saturday.  I want to make beads but it's so hard to sit inside on a day like this.  A scooter ride sounds great, along with relaxing outside with a book.  I know how wonderful it is to have options like this and am grateful life is currently at a pace I can have these low stress choices - now if I could just get it to stay this way.....  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by to read my bead blog!!!


Chris

Contact me: chrissandersonbeads@gmail.com - to make an appointment to see my beads and jewelry at my home studio.
Follow my life of Lampworking: http://beadsbychrissanderson.blogspot.com
Purchase my beads and Jewelry: http://www.artfire.com/users/BeadsByChris
Finished Jewelry sold on site at:  
1. Mermaid's Bite 472 5th Ave. South, Naples, FL 34102
2. SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary Perrysburg, Ohio 43551 - In the Country Charm Shoppes.
Just for fun: Facebook: Glass Lampwork beads and Jewelry by Chris Sanderson (Remember to click on the "like" button for updates)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Glass-Lampwork-beads-and-Jewelry-by-Chris-Sanderson/175334185825493

No comments:

Post a Comment