Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Jewelry Making Day.

I started off my day changing a clasp on a bracelet for a customer.  This is on a bracelet that I was happy to have back because I had forgotten to take a picture of it before deliver was made.  I was really happy with this bracelet - with either clasp.

 This set is for a customer.  Matching everything!!!!  I love when that happens!  All Sterling Silver too.

A simple set of earrings and necklace.

This one is a sample for a customer.  I was giving her options for many components for the bracelet.  I have my favorite combo but we will see what she picks.  She will need to choose which color of viking knit she likes along with bead caps for both the knit and the beads.  I think this is going to be a great bracelet!!! 

I have been wanting to try my hand at making some pins.  This is what I came up with today.  Nothing great but it's a start.  These haven't been tumbled yet so they are not as shiny as they will be.

While I was looking through a bead/jewelry making magazine I came across a bracelet I thought teen girls might like.  This is just a test bracelet while I am figuring out if I like the overall style.  I would not use a green clasp on a final one - I was using wire I had laying around to try it out.  I think it has some potential. 

And my final fun for the day was forming a wire bangle.  This is a free form test bracelet to help me get an idea for what I want to do.  It's like making a sketch before making the actual finished piece.  I plan to make these with general wire wrapping and also making one with some lampwork beads.  You will get the idea from these "sketch" pieces.

Wow, I got a lot done today.  I didn't think I had till I was taking photos of everything.  Now I need to go clean up my mess before I knock beads all over the place.  It seems that when I don't clean up right away, I accidentally step on the edge of a bead bin and then it all goes flying. 

No word on my kiln yet so I'll be back making more jewelry tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment