Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Custom Bracelets & More

Today I finished up some jewelry orders.  I still have some orders to fill that I got a little behind on while I was gone for 2 weeks but I will meet my deadlines now for sure!
DebbieS's Bracelet #1 - view 1
DebbieS's Bracelet #1 - view 2
Debbie S. picked out her own beads from my stash and the findings were a mix of both our ideas.  This bracelet is very pretty.  Photo does not show all the shiny features very well but you get the idea.

DebbieS's Bracelet #2
Debbie S. picked out her beads again and most of the components in this one.  It's nice to watch someone else put my beads together because I learn to see colors and shapes working together in ways I don't normally use them.  I love how this one turned out!

DebbieS's Bracelet #3
And the ever popular "Sting Ray Bead Bracelet" was requested again.  I have one more of these to make for another customer of mine.  I need to go to the zoo more often I guess so I can come up with new unique organic beads like this one.

Okay here is some more of that dang Pandora glass.  I have read that some bead makers love it, some hate it, and some have mixed feelings about it.  Right now, I'm confused by it but want to try a few more things with it.

Second batch of Pandora test beads
1. Pandora over a base of clear - in the kiln for 8 1/2 hours.
2. Pandora dotted on CG - in the kiln for a little over 8 1/4 hours.
3. Pandora swiped on cobalt - in the kiln for 8 hours and 4 min.
4. Pandora dotted on OY - in the kiln for about 8 hours.
5. Pandora alone - in the kiln for about 8 hours.
I didn't get much of anything this time but it was suggested to me by a silvered glass expert to try putting a bead from my last test into the kiln to see if the colors would kiln strike with more time.  Guess what?  She was right!  It did strike to some very nice colors!
This bead is from last week but put through the kiln a second time. The colors came up after another 8 hours in the kiln.
So I want to put all the beads that didn't produce much or any color from both testing sessions back in the kiln next time I work and see what happens.  It looks like my best efforts are with Pandora alone so at the very least I can make a bunch of pretty spacer beads right?

New glass tests.
These last 3 beads are quick test beads to try out some new glass I bought.  The light blue is seed tube glass and it's very pretty.  It also comes in a few more colors that I will try soon.  The last two pinkish beads are a different COE than I normally use.  They were in the box of new glass I bought through Craig's list and I'm not sure how I will use this glass yet but the colors produced certainly are different from anything I have gotten out of my regular 104 glass.

That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.  Be back next week.  I have the Christmas Bazaar this Saturday so I hope to see my local followers there!  Come get your Christmas shopping done!!!  Location: SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary Perrysburg, Ohio 43551.  Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.  Many vendors/artists are scheduled to be there!

Chris
Contact me: chrissandersonbeads@gmail.com
Follow my life of Lampworking: http://beadsbychrissanderson.blogspot.com
Purchase my beads and Jewelry: http://www.artfire.com/users/BeadsByChris
Finished Jewelry sold on site at: SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary Perrysburg, Ohio 43551 - In the Country Charm Shoppes.
Just for fun: Facebook: Glass Lampwork beads and Jewelry by Chris Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment