Friday, July 15, 2011

Black & White Thank You and More

On my recent vacation with some of my High School girlfriends to Puerto Rico, I met a very fun lady who bought us all dinner one evening.  I wanted to send her a thank you gift for such a nice evening filled with great conversation, great friends and great food!  Here is what I made her - I hope she likes it!  Figured I couldn't go wrong with Black and White right?


 Of course I made many more beads than I used in the necklace, because I always seem to get carried away when I'm making this type of bead, so here are all the black and white beads from my last few torch sessions.  I could make these masked beads forever and never get bored.




And this next set are for those new earrings I make.  These are very tiny beads that I will use for earrings similar to my last post showing a pair made for Amy R.  Those are now referred to as "The Amy R style earrings" for all my future posts and orders. 

And what would a current blog post by me be without a few more rings? I told you I was addicted to these and it seems that each time I sit at the torch I can't resist making a few.  These were delivered to SALVATORE CAPELLI SALON 114 W. South Boundary, Perrysburg, OH and are for sale along with many other pieces of my jewelry.









More beads from my last few torch sessions:
 The bead on the far left is an experiment.  I used ELO as a base instead of ivory and it created this very shiny finish to the bead.  I had ready another post where a bead maker was testing ELO and her results indicated it might be a nice white to use when you want a reaction like you get when using Ivory.  I got a reaction alright but it was not white and not a flat matte finish like Ivory - very interesting......

 Here I am testing the dk and lt. turquoises on a base of commando (far left bead only) and I'm not sold on it.  The rest of this series is for a project I'm working on - I'm sure you will see it on here in the future.

The following photos are for a pair of earrings (not all of them will go on one pair of course) that will be made in the "Amy R" style.  The customer saw that particular set and asked me to make her a pair but adding commando to the mix.  These are all tiny beads and were a ton of fun to make!


 Here is the finished pair - Sally Don't look unless you don't want to be surprised when they arrive in your mailbox. 

That's all folks!  I'll be on a mini vacation from my torch and jewelry making cave but I'll be back in about a week.  Until then, hope you all are having a wonderful summer!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous beads. I love designing with color but give me black n white for elegance every time.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! I couldn't agree more - give me black and white glass and my time at the torch just flies by.

    ReplyDelete