Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finally got a little torch time in

Almost everything is caught up now - moving the studio north and setting it up again was a big task.  I just finished up my jewelry making room along with all the other things that needed done in the house.  I did squeeze in one day at the torch during all that.  It was a very cold day and we didn't have heat in the house so that is how I justified my bead making before all my duties were done.  After 6 days of freezing in our house with no furnace we have a brand new furnace and we are warm again.  Funny how today it's sunny and warmer.  Hope this works like carrying an umbrella around keeping rain away - my hope is warm spring weather will be here to stay now that we spent the big bucks on a new furnace.  It was 20 years old so I think we got our money's worth on that one so no complaints about that.

Now for the beads.  After I made my pink zebra bracelet and earrings I had a request to do the same concept in green.  These are the beads I made and I will see how they look with the black viking style bracelet.
Some will be used in the bracelet and hopefully the larger one will be a pendant. 
 I really like both of these beads.
 I made lots of black viking weave last night - 4 1/2 hours to be exact!  Good thing I was content to sit and watch a few episodes of storage wars (I enjoy that show way too much) and extreme couponing.  I think it's nuts to buy 75 of anything but it sure is a thrill to watch them get a grocery bill totaling a thousand dollars or more reduced to around 10 bucks - wow!

So today I'm going to make more beads and put the green zebra bracelet together.  I hope to be back blogging more frequently now that I'm caught up with everything.  Thanks for reading my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment